ZIRCAR Alumina-Silica Insulating Blanket Type RS-C Moldable is composed of long, high strength ceramic fibers, with an inorganic alumina binder/rigidizing agent. It is a wet blanket that is shipped rolled up and sealed in a plastic bag to preserve its moldability.
Type RS-C Moldable forms a strong, rigid, low density insulation for applications to 1260°C (2300°F). It is 100% inorganic, non-combustible and contains no toxic or hazardous materials. Type RS-C Moldable is ideal for insulation of complex shapes and exhibits excellent erosion resistance under conditions of high, hot gas velocity. It can be cut to any size with a knife, scissors, or steel rule die. It can be formed to virtually any shape desired. Type RS-C Moldable possesses excellent strength for ease of installation. An unique process of locking in the binder ensures that it will not migrate. The result is a uniform homogeneous structure throughout the entire material.
Type RS-C Moldable does not adhere to itself, yet it can be cemented using air-set mortar. Type RS-C Moldable will normally air dry in 24 to 48 hours, with all the properties of a pre-fired insulation. Curing can be accomplished with a hot air gun or torch, or by immediate temperature exposure in the application.
Type RS-C Moldable can be put directly into high temperature ovens or furnaces.
Type RS-CH Moldable has all of the same properties as RS-C but is rated for 1450°C (2642°F)
|Typical Composition, %|
|Other Metal Oxides||
|Density, gm/cm3 (lb/ft3)||
|Maximum Use Temp.*, C (F)||
|Tensile Strength^, MPa (psi)||
|Compressive Strength**, MPa (psi)|
|Drying 75°C (167°F)||
|Isothermal Soak, 24 hrs.@ 800°C (1472°F)||
|Thermal Conductivity**,W/m K (BTU/ft2 °F /in)|
Silica Moldable Type RS-SI Moldable is a wet blanket that is a combination of high purity amorphous silica fibers and inorganic silica binder. Upon drying Type RS-SI Moldable becomes a rigid structure with useful properties to temperatures of 1200°C(2192°F). It dries to a low mass light weight insulation with low thermal conductivity and high structural strength.
Alumina-Silica Moldable Blankets comprise long, high strength ceramic fibers in an inorganic Alumina binder/rigidizer. They are 100% inorganic and noncombustible. Alumina-Silica Blanket Type B is for applications to 900°C (1600°F) and Type C is for applications to 1260°C (2300°F). These materials harden to be a self supporting, extremely insulating ceramic fiber body.
- Immune to Thermal Shock
- Highly Insulating, Low Mass
- Strong Self Supporting When Dry
- Non RCF
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as hot gas duct, stack and flue liners.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as custom molded valve enclosures.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as small appliance insulation.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as hot-face insulation where gas velocity is of concern.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used for combustion chamber liners.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as back-up insulation for molten metal transport troughs.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used for custom fabricated insulation parts.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as exhaust manifold insulation.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as back-up insulation.
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as high temperature pipe insulation (internal and external).
- Type RS- C Moldable is used as asbestos lagging replacement.
SDS (in PDF format)
Please call, fax or e-mail for pricing and availability.
|KS51||RS-C Moldable 24″ x 60″ x 1/2″|
|KS53||RS-C Moldable 24″ x 60″ x 1″|
|KS61||RS-CH Moldable 24″ x 60′ x 1/2″|
|KS62||RS-CH Moldable 24″ x 60′ x 1″|
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION AND ARE SUBJECT TO ZIRCAR REFRACTORY COMPOSITES, INC. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALL PRICES ARE F.O.B. FLORIDA, NY AND ARE IN U.S. DOLLARS